Safety 1st Alpha Omega Elite Convertible Car Seat
The Safety 1st Alpha Omega Elite convertible car seat is designed to work with cars without a latch system so that it can be accessible to most parents. With only the car seat belt and the car seat, you can get the Alpha Omega Elite for your car without any difficulty. This model comes in 6 different colors: Lamont, Beaumont, Bromley, Pretty Paws, Quartz, and Seaside Bay so that you can easily select your favorite colors based on your preferred features. This $110.00 car seat is one of the highly rated car seats on the market.
It is made with EPP (Expanded Polypropylene) foam that absorbs energy and side impacts and distributes it along the strongest side of the aluminum steel frame. This is most important as other vehicles tend to get in our way and the only way to prevent our children from being injured is to have a strong car seat in place.
- It has a removable cup holder for keeping cups and other small items.
- It has multi position reclining for selecting the appropriate position for your child.
- EPP Energy absorbing foam
- The safety 1st Alpha is built with rotating armrests so that your baby’s arms is not stiff all through the journey.
- Quick fit harness system ( which is easily adjusted for the comfort of your child)
- Can be used as rear facing (adjust from 5 to 35) and front facing (adjust from 22 to 40 pounds), or a belt positioning booster (adjusts from 40 to 100 pounds).
- Infant head support where your toddler can recline and sleep comfortably.
- Removable infant car seat pad for easy washing.
- Steel reinforced frame for extra protection for you and your child.
- Many toddlers have been saved by the safety 1st Alpha Omega Elite convertible car seat. From various reviews, it seems this car seat is a lifesaver for many. And since this is the ultimate thing every parent wants from a car seat, this makes it a perfect choice for parents.
- The Safety 1st alpha omega elite convertible car seat has a solid and sturdy construction. The construction on this model beats other models like the Cosco, Britax and Graco.
- It grows with your child because it can be fully converted from a rear facing car seat to a forward facing and finally to a booster.
- The size is very large compared to most other car seat models. However, this is a good option for those with large children. This also provides comfort for the child because of the extra space available.
- You may be hard-pressed if you are on a budget. What the Safety 1st Alpha Omega failed to do with price, it filled up with lots of comfort and durability.
- It can be a bit hard to recline once you have fully strapped it into your vehicle. If you don’t mind leaving it in a reclining position always, this will not be much of a headache.
- It might be a bit difficult to clean because of the fabric made.
- This car seat is heavy. Therefore, the idea of taking it off and installing again might not be a good idea.
- Installation is not easy. You will have to set aside some periods in your day to install this beast. Not only does it take a long time to install, it is also not straightforward in the sense of installation of car seats.
Overall, this is a good buy when you consider the price tag and the multitude of features that is available with your purchase of this car seat. If you want a long lasting convertible car seat that is better than most of the others on the market right, this is your best option. As far as safety and security is concerned, the Safety 1st Alpha Omega Elite convertible car seat provides the best security for children you can find on the market. It is durable, sturdy, and has record of accomplishment, which makes it the best car seat you can get on the market right now.
How Does the Safety 1st Alpha Omega Elite Stack Up?
Compared with the Graco Nautilus 3-in-1 and the Evenflo Tribute LX convertible car seats, the Alpha Omega is clearly a winner.
The Graco Nautilus 3-in-1 is also a convertible car seat, designed to convert from a rear facing car seat to a high back belt positioning and backless booster seat. It is designed to accommodate children weighing 20 to 100 pounds with adjustable features that will make life comfortable for your child. However, unlike the Alpha Omega, it costs you extra $50 to get which might be uncomfortable for you if you are on a budget. In addition, the Graco Nautilus 3-in-1 convertible car seat is not the right car seat for you if your child is large. The Safety 1st Alpha Omega is bigger and has more space to accommodate your child.
In addition, the Evenflo Tribute LX is a bit smaller compared to the Alpha Omega. Although the Tribute LX is a lot more cheaper than this model – costing around $60 – means you are spending a little less if when you buy it. However, the Omega is still the best for those who have large children and are not afraid to spend some more. Since the price is $110 and only $50 difference to the Evenflo Tribute LX.
So, if you want a very cheap car seat, you can get the Evenflo Tribute LX but you will be short of space as it is narrower than the Omega. Nevertheless, if you want a long lasting car seat with all the features you can demand from a car seat, you can take the Safety 1st Alpha Omega convertible car seat.