Convertible Car Seat Reviews – For Long Lasting Usage
Kid Sitting Safe is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com
The importance of a car seat would not be explicit until you have used one. However, that only depends on whether the right one is selected for your child.
How do you select the right car seat for your child? You do this by reading this kind of guide, knowing the types of car seats available, and knowing which one is required for the make and model of your vehicle.
Infant car seats are usually designed for babies who still need lots of support while driving in the car. All children below the age of 2 years old are required to be seated in a rear facing infant car seat which is the safety standard, while children above that age can use a forward facing car seat.
In addition, the convertible car seats can also be used for infants, the only distinction from infant car seats is that both rear facing and forwarding facing features are combined. This means that if you get a convertible car seat for your child, you can easily transition from a rear facing to forward facing without buying a new one for your child. These convertible car seat reviews will look at some different options that you can select from.
The first product on this list is the Graco Nautilus 3-in-1 car seat. Although you might hear this seat being called a Convertible Car Seat it is in fact a Combination Car Seat i.e. it can’t be used rear facing (find out more on this here). It is built with a 5-point harness system for children weighing more than 20 pounds and is adjustable up to 65 pounds.
There are three car seat modes available for this model: it can first be used either as a forward facing car seat; it can be converted to a high back belt-positioning booster to accommodate children of 30 pounds to 100 pounds; and finally, it can also be converted a backless booster for children weighing 40 pounds to 100 pounds.
Graco Nautilus dimensions: 29H x 20W x 22D” (head rest in lowest position)
This $145.00 car seat is manufactured from a reinforced steel framework for extra durability.
- Considering other car seat models like the Britax, this model is cost effective. This could be a nice option for you if you don’t want to spend a lot of money on a car seat.
- The Graco Nautilus 3-in-1 is one of the highest rated convertible car seats due to its usability and safety. According to the manufacturer, this car seat is compliant to the U.S. Standard FMVSS No 213. This is one of the reasons for its high rated for usability and security assurance.
- Easy to install and is compatible with most vehicle models. Another important factor for the usability of this model is that it not only installs in most cars, it is also easy to install.
- It has a sturdy and solid construction for longer use.
- It provides comfort and versatility. It gives you the option of installing in different cars at any point in time.
- FAA Approved for use on an airplane.
- Compared to Britax, and other models, the straps are a bit fragile which might make it difficult to hold and buckle.
- Buckles are a bit hard to operate during the installation and set up stages.
- Metal junction plate where all the cords meet may be too small for certain vehicle models.
This is recommended for parents who don’t want to be changing car seats every few years. This car seat can used for 20 to 65 pounds and can be converted into two other modes to accommodate 40 and up to 100 pounds child.
The Britax Marathon G4.1 convertible car seat features SafeCell impact protection, which is a collection of safety components that provides the kids with maximum protection from accidents and prevents injuries during a car accident. It includes the impact-absorbing base and side-impact protection components for a no-injury rate in any accident. This $230.00 convertible car seat is furnished with a Quickfit and 10-position harness system for selecting the best positions for your child every time you buckle them up.
This seat can be used as both a rear-facing car seat for children 5-40 pounds and as a forward-facing car seat for kids 20-65 pounds and 1+ years old (although it is recommended for children to stay rear facing until at least age 2).
- Compact and narrowness takes less space and makes it easy for installation in most vehicles.
- Security is available with the SafeCell technology.
- It has a solid and sturdy construction so that it can be used for a long time.
- It provides adequate protection and comfort for the child.
- Comes in softened and created from light fabric so that you child can be comfortable in their seat all through the journey. The fabric is not rough and is very easy on the hand.
- According to our research, it’s discovered that customers complain that the tether could be short and unsuitable for use in some vehicle models.
- The straps don’t stay snugly around the child after it has been strapped. It could easily be loosened, which poses a serious safety issue.
The Britax Marathon G4.1 convertible car seat absorbs impacts and is perfect for long distance traveling. The car seat is very comfortable and definitely worth the buy.
The Evenflo Tribute LX convertible car seat is made from 100% polyester plastic that makes it a standalone car seat for continuous usage. According to the manufacturer, it meets or exceeds all Federal Safety Regulations (FSR) in the United States. This means that it has been crash tested and rigorous testing to withstand most roadside crashes.
An important feature in any car seat is it safety feature and security assurance. With this $60.00 car seat, you get the much needed safety and security that your child deserves.
- The effective LATCH system makes transition to and from different vehicles easy and seamless.
- Suitable for use in both rear and forward facing harness positions and adjusts from 5 to 40 pounds (up to 30 pounds rear facing).
- It is both narrow and lightweight. This will enable you to have your baby close to you at all times.
- It is easy to recline. A nifty button is located beneath the base, so that you just depress and the car seat will flick into front or rear facing depending on your preference. Also, note that you cannot recline it if it is already installed in your vehicle.
- The cup holder is very delicate; therefore, it is not securely attached to the seat.
- This car seat cannot be used as a booster using the vehicle seat belt.
- It is very difficult to install in some vehicles.
The Evenflo Tribute LX convertible car seat is perfect if you are concerned about safety. It has all the safety features you need to protect your baby.
All the convertible car seats we have listed here all have value for money. However, some distinctive features are specific to each model; which makes each model stand out.
If what you want is a cheap, but standard convertible car seat, the Evenflo Tribute LX is your best option. At only $60.00, it gives you all the regular features of a convertible car seat. The Graco Nautilus convertible car seat has more features and is ideal for longer use.
Therefore, if you are looking to buy the car seat that will grow with your child, Graco Nautilus 3-in-1 is the right buy. However, if you want a smaller, convertible car seat, the Britax Marathon is a winner.