Best Pink Car Seat Reviews
Pink is a very popular colour for baby girls and many mums are looking for the best pink car seat that they can find for their young daughters. Of course there are more important things to look for in a child car seat other than colour and safety should always be paramount. Safety first, pink second!
That said, we set out to find the best pink car seats that are in the market so read on to find out our top choices if pink is simply a must-have colour for you. We take a look at the features of the highest rated pink car seats and give the pros and cons for each in consideration of factors like crash protection, ease of use, fit to vehicle, customer feedback and value for money.
Top Rated Pink Car Seat Reviews
This pink car seat is convertible from rear facing to forward facing and has an extended weight range up to 85 pounds and so will last your baby from about 4-6 months old until they are ready to move to a booster seat. On the safety front, the seat has an advanced side air cushion system (Air Protect), which protects your head where it’s needed most in a side impact crash. The seat is also very easy to keep clean due to its easily removable seat pad. Another great feature of this seat, which Maxi-Cosi kept from the previous Pria 70 model is the ability to raise and lower the harness height from the front of the seat, whether or not the seat is currently installed. You simply squeeze the handle back and pull it up or down easily with one hand.
- LATCH System compatible
- Easy Clean, Machine Washable
- Handy harness holders to keep the harness straps out of the way - makes getting your child in & out a cinch!
- Fits a wide array of child sizes- Fits children rear facing from 14-40lbs and up to 40", forward facing 20-85 lbs and up to 57"
- Deep rear-facing adjustment, 3 recline positions to fit different seat slopes, making is easier and faster to correctly install in rear-facing position
- NHTSA Rating for Securing the Child of 4 Stars (RF) and 5 Stars (FF)
- Easy to install
- Air Protect side impact protection system for baby’s head
- Push on lower anchor connectors - these are really useful if you have lower anchors in your vehicle that are buried in the seat bite.
- Head wings - a nice feature so your child’s head isn't slumping over while they sleep.
- Perfect Fit harness height adjustment - quickly & easily change harness heights
- Harness storage clips - many parents love these so you don't have to dig the harness and buckles from under your child when putting them in the seat.
- Soft & comfy - many users have provided feedback saying their child finds the seat really comfortable
- NHTSA Overall Ease of Use Rating of only 3 stars.
- Not suitable for newborns - most children won't be able to fit this seat until around 4-6 months so you will need to use an infant car seat prior to this
- Sticky headrest adjustment - You really have to work to get the headrest at the upper and lower most positions. You can push up or down on the back of the seat to adjust it a bit easier, if it's rear facing.
- Seat is fairly heavy at 23 pounds and so won’t be too portable
This pink convertible car seat from Maxi-Cosi is an excellent choice for your child if you are looking for a long lasting pink car seat for when they have grown out of their infant car seat. User feedback and scoring for this seat on Amazon is very high (4.4 out of 5 stars from 210 reviews at the date of this post). The seat is priced at around $299 but you can check out the latest best price on Amazon here.
If you are looking for a pink infant car seat for your newborn then the Maxi-Cosi Mico AP is worthy of consideration. It is the lightest infant car seat in its class at just under 9lbs and this latest model features self-wicking fabrics that deodorize and draw liquids away from the skin to keep your baby dry and comfortable during the ride. Transferring from the stay-in-car base to a Maxi-Cosi, Quinny, or other premium stroller is a breeze, making this car seat a great solution for parents looking for a pink travel system they can use from birth! The comfortable premium fabrics and padded 5-point harness covers will keep your baby secure and cozy during the ride, and the included Cozi-Dozi head insert provides the extra support that is needed by infants.
- Suitable for newborns, rear-facing from 5-22 pounds and up to 29"
- The Mico AP also includes an adjustable base with LATCH for a better fit in your car.
- Air Protect superior side impact protection and stay-in-car adjustable base included
- Easily removable fabrics for cleaning, innovative design allows for removal without rethreading harness; Easiest to clean: machine washable and dryer safe fabric
- Self-wicking fabrics and premium padding keeping baby dry and comfortable
- Multi-position sun canopy with a flip out visor to help protect baby's sensitive eyes from bright lights.
- NHTSA Overall Ease of Use Rating of 4 stars
- Easy to fit using stay in car LATCH base
- Easily transfer from car to stroller (Maxi Cosi & Quinny strollers are compatible without requiring adapters, however it compatible with a number of other “premium” strollers with adapters)
- Very lightweight and easy to carry
- High quality materials, very plush seat in comparison to other brands
- Easy to clean in a flash with quick remove machine washable padding
- Sun canopy has full coverage of the seat to provide a good range of protection
- Some users have complained that the seat is too narrow, leaving little room to move around.
- If you travel a lot, this particular car seat is difficult to find a travel bag that fits it (it does not fit the JL Childress universal car seat backpack). It does fit into the Britax and Peg Perego travel bags.
- Some users have reported that the seat’s length is a problem for those that own mid-size SUV's or any car that doesn't have a good amount of leg room in the back as it requires the front seat to be pushed almost all the way forward.
The Maxi-Cosi Mico AP is one of the best pink car seats for infants on the market. User feedback and scoring for this seat on Amazon is very high (4.5 out of 5 stars from 55 reviews at the date of this post). The main point to note is to make sure that the seat fits if you only have a small car, unless you don’t mind having the front seat opposite pushed forward. The seat is priced at around $199 but you can check out the latest best price on Amazon here.
This super stylish pink car seat accommodates children from 20 to 65 pounds in forward facing harness mode and 30 to 120 pounds in booster mode. It is suitable for children between age 2 and up to 9.5 years old. The Performance SPORT has excellent safety and comfort features due to its HERO harness system technology, RECARO Safety Stripe System and comfort enhancing memory foam.
- Added mesh for breathability, improved comfort pad with memory foam, enhanced cup holders and stylish trim details.
- Twist-resistance straps and a five-point harness system
- RECARO Side Impact Protection technology inspired by four decades of racing seat safety, with metal reinforced side wings designed to protect each of the 5 vulnerable areas of a child in a side impact crash: head, neck, face, torso and pelvis
- Highest IIHS (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) Booster Evaluation Rating - “Best Bet”
- Built in LATCH System and universal top tether provides great stability and makes proper installation a breeze.
- Certified for air travel when used in harness mode with the plane's seat belt
- Smooth glide shoulder belt path
- Several users have reported a design flaw with the seat when installed with a seat belt rather than the LATCH system. The seatbelt routes directly behind the child's back and does not sit flush against the frame of the seat. The belt ends up sticking out about an inch and can be uncomfortable against the child’s back. The seat is best used with the LATCH system to avoid this issue.
- One user has reported that the shoulder straps on the HERO harness system are positioned too close together and press uncomfortably against their child’s neck.
- A few users have reported that the seat doesn’t recline enough and is too upright.
This RECARO Performance SPORT Combination Seat is a very popular combination seat and ranks very high with users. User feedback and scoring for this pink car seat on Amazon is exceptional (4.7 out of 5 stars from 759 reviews at the date of this post). The design flaw that is a common complaint amongst several users is however a key concern. The seat was recently priced on Amazon at around $249, but you can check the latest price on Amazon here.
This top of the range pink booster seat by Britax provides unmatched protection for your child due to its deep side walls and quick-adjust head protection. In addition, the Britax Parkway SGL includes the enhanced safety of the Britax ISOFLEX LATCH connection system which locks the booster in place when not in use. This is the primary difference to the above Britax Parkway SG Booster Seat, which does not include this and and why it is therefore more expensive. It can be used for children from 40-120lbs.
- Safe cell impact protection provides an advanced level of protection
- Isoflex LATCH connection system prevents it from becoming a projectile when not in use
- Secureguard clip ensures the vehicle seat belt is properly positioned on your child's hips, minimizing the risk of abdominal injury
- Quick-adjust headrest easily adjusts at the push of a button to provide solid protection and a comfortable fit as your child grows
- Highest IIHS (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) Booster Evaluation Rating - “Best Bet”
- The shoulder piece that holds the seat belt strap in place works well -- the seat belt doesn't slip out like on some others
- Having the LATCH is very useful as you don't need to strap the seat in when no child is in it
- The back not only extends, but is also removable when the time is right.
- Easy removable cover for washing
- Arm rests are short, some users say these are pointless
- Could be more padding in the back
- Could be slightly wider and deeper - if you’re child is larger than average it could be on the small side.
- Some users have experienced trouble getting the seatbelt stuck in the shoulder guides
This Britax Parkway SGL Pink Booster Seat is a great choice if you want a top of the range pink booster seat with a rigid LATCH connection system. User feedback and scoring for this seat on Amazon is very high (4.6 out of 5 stars from 99 reviews at the date of this post). The seat was recently priced on Amazon at around $130 but you can check out the latest best price on Amazon here.
This review has considered 4 of the highest rated pink car seats in the market. Based on our findings, we would strongly recommend 3 out of 4 of these seats. We are not able to strongly recommend the RECARO Performance SPORT Combination Seatdue to the issue raised by a number of users when fitting this seat using the seat belt rather than the LATCH system, however this is still a very highly rated seat.
The remaining seats consist of 3 different types of seat (convertible, infant and booster) and your selection should really come down to what type of seat you require as they are all great pink car seats.
The SGLthat we have reviewed is one of the best value pink booster seats that you will find with a LATCH system.
Hopefully this article has helped you to find a pink car seat that is right for you! If you've any comments please don't hesitate to get in touch via the contact page.