Child car safety seats are good for your child but they take there toll on a vehicle’s upholstery. This is an often forgotten aspect when parents are shopping for a child seat, however something that is worth considering if you want to keep your vehicles upholstery in as good a condition as possible with a child seat installed. Ultimately, if you make the effort to protect your car seats they will last you a long time.
When you consider buying a car seat protector, you do have many options. Some protectors are specifically designed for use with infant car seats (both front and rear facing). Moreover, there are others that are designed to be used in protecting child boosters and convertible car seats. There are also products available to transport and protect the child safety seat for those that may need to move the seat around or store it outside of the vehicle.
What you eventually settle on depends on the type of car seat you are currently using, your sense of style, as well as your budget. Most car seat protectors are not expensive – they are usually less than $50 per unit.
The Brica Seat Guardian car seat protector is made from grime fabric and a color safe construction to protect your car seat from dirt and other debris. It has a dual grip traction technology that prevents the seat from making unnecessary and unsafe movement during your journey. This $30 car seat protector from Brica also provides back seat coverage using the rear facing mat. It is designed to work on all car seats, which means that your car model is probably going to get a nice fitting.
- It is made from heavy fabric and solid material so that your car seat doesn’t sustain massive indentation from the car seat. The indentation is prevented due to the plastic under the fabric.
- When you install it, you have to make the buckles tight so that it prevents the car seat from straying or make unsafe movements.
- The rubber in the bottom of the seat is responsible for preventing the car seat from sliding around. It provides a good anti-slide effect so that your seat is in a fixed position.
- The car seat must be very tight after installing this protector. If your car seat is not snug enough, it might result in frequent sliding movements.
At only $30, you will get a high quality seat protector. As it stands now, most customers are happy with this product because of one thing – it does what it says it will do. It protects your car seat from getting jagged and dirty because of repetitive usage. It really makes your car sustain its new look, while protecting your car seats. With the tall panel, unique and intuitive design, this model is built to last long.
The video below of this Brica car seat protector shows you everything you need to know so you can make your mind up whether it is suitable for you. You can get these at the best price from Amazon via this link.
First Wide Bench Seat protector is specifically designed to work with multiple car seats without any problem. This product can be used to protect the entire back seat of your car. When installed on the back seat, it protects the entire unit and makes it look like new even after so many years of usage. It is easy to install and is machine washable – washing is seamless. Another important feature of the first wide bench seat protector is that the cover is 100% waterproof so that you can easily clean it with a damp cloth without the water getting into the main fabric. This will cost you about $50.00.
- If you are the father or mother of small children, you will appreciate a seat protector like this. It is always a pain to have to clean your back seat from crumbs and debris every time you plan to travel. With this installed in your vehicle backseat, the children can spread crumbs all they want.
- It is very easy to clean. As a family person, you will need to be cleaning your backseat every time. A car seat cover that is easy to clean with the additional function of keeping your backseat safe could be a good investment.
- It is heavy duty. The solid construction makes it long lasting so that you can use it for a long time. It is simply built for endurance.
- The straps are adjustable. Since we all have different cars, it is important that the car seat protector be versatile. And the manufacturer has made that possible.
- There is no anchor to hold it down. If you don’t fully restrain it, it will slide around.
The First Wide Bench Seat protector can be used for several car seats and will protect the back seat of your car. It is also waterproof so you can wash it without any problems.
The J.L Childress Ultimate car seat travel bag and protector goes for $50.00 and is another car seat protector to look at. It has a complete system, which makes it easy to store, not only the car seat, but some other items as well.
- It is suitable for airline travel. It fits most car seats well and can contain some other things, which is very important. Other items like diapers, children toys, and even baby clothing can go with it.
- It comes padded. This provides protections for your car seat during handling by luggage handlers.
- The fabric is very tough which means it will last for a long time. Unlike other models, it won’t rip.
- It might not be suitable if you intend to carry it around because it is a bit heavy.
- Colors are limited, it comes in only black.
- It needs good management to last longer.
The J.L Childress Ultimate car seat travel bag and protector is a quality piece where you can also store essential items.
Unlike car seat covers that are cheaper to purchase, some car seat protectors could cost you between $50.00 and $100.00. However, the features you can get from the most expensive car seat protector are well worth the money.
In this review, the BRICA Seat Guardian Car Seat Protector is the cheapest car seat protector. However, it is effective and stays up to par with both the J.L Childress and First Wide Bench models in terms of quality. It is rugged and gives your car seat the much-needed protection.
However, if you have more children and you don’t want to be doing a lot of cleaning, you should go for the First Wide Bench Seat Protector for Infant Car Seats. It is very durable, covers more infant car seats than the Brica seat covers. In addition, for the best car seat protector for airline traveling, the J.L Childress is your best bet.